Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here I Go

So it's late Wednesday night, the night before I set off on one of the biggest odysseys of my life. I'm wide awake due to the excitement. My bags are packed, too packed, and I have all of my affairs in order, mostly.

In a way I'm a bit unaffected by all of this. I've been waiting for this adventure to start for such a long time, it's hard to believe that it's finally here. All of my friends were abroad last spring, and I just hung out in Chicago and read about what they were doing, thinking, this fall I'm going to have my own stories like this. It's hard to believe that it's fall now, and that it's time for me to start having my adventures.

So, here I go.

Next time you hear from me I'll be on the other end of the Atlantic. Probably dead tired, but hopefully really jazzed about my surroundings and the cool adventure I've just begun.

No comments: