Thursday, February 19, 2009

8th Week Vacation

It's a staple of every University of Chicago abroad program to give students a week off to travel around. Last quarter I went to London and Dublin, one of the best adventures of my life. This quarter the plan is a little different. I'm going on two short trips, but allowing myself a few days in Paris, just to hang out.

The first adventure I'm going on is a weekend trip to Amsterdam. I'm going with my friend and future roommate Sara. We are taking the train tomorrow (Friday) morning, and I'm heading back towards Paris on Monday morning. We don't have any super solid plans for what we are doing yet, but I think one of them is to rent bikes!

The second adventure is a short jaunt down to the Cote d'Azur. I really wanted to go to Nice when I was traveling in December but the train tickets just wouldn't work out. Earlier this quarter I was talking to my friend and former Biology labpartner Mara and she was interested in going too. We managed to find cheap flights and a cheap room in Nice so we booked for two nights. We are heading down on Tuesday in the morning, and then coming back Thursday night. The plan includes the Matisse Museum in Nice, a day trip to Monaco, and the beach!

Then I'm back in Paris from Friday to Sunday just to relax, and maybe see some stuff that I have yet to see. Maybe start writing some papers. Relaxing. Then its two weeks of super intense work and then back to the US.

WOW time has flown.

Anyways, I'll talk to you soon!

Love, Nora

No comments: